highest in sugar could be deadly for dogs

Iklankan produk dan perniagaan anda bersama kami, maklumat lanjut


Kongsikan :


You should always be careful about what you let your dog eat. A common sugar substitute found in everything from chewing gum to peanut butter can be deadly for man's best friend, according to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Xylitol, a type of sugar alcohol that is sometimes found in sugar-free foods, is safe for humans, but it can be poisonous to to dogs. It can be found in many foods and consumer products, including gum, sugar-free chocolate, breath mints, baked goods, sugar-free (or "skinny") ice cream, toothpaste, cough syrup and some peanut and nut butters.

When dog eat xylitol, it is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and causes a rapid release of insulin, the hormone that helps sugar enter cells. This insulin spike may cause dogs' blood sugar levels to plummet to life-threatening levels, a condition known as hypoglycemia, the FDA said. In humans xylitol isn't dangerous because it doesn't stimulate the release of insulin. Signs of xylitol poisoning in dogs including vomiting, weakness, difficulty walking or standing, seizures and comas-typically occur within 15 to 30 minutes, and deaths have occurred in as little as one hour, the FDA reported.







Dikuasakan oleh Blogger.